About Me

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What Ifs...

To live one's life looking back, and wondering about all those 'what ifs' takes away from the pleasure of the present. Well, letting go is easier said than done, and quite frankly...that sucks. I want to let go; I want to move on; I want to be rid of this nagging 'what if'!

That fact is 'what if' isn't; so its pointless to linger over something that cannot be altered. Maybe it isn't so much what if, as knowing what it would/could have been? That's just as stupid to be stuck on though!

Everyone moves through life at their own pace, down their own path. Will our paths ever intertwine again? Should I have stayed, or was leaving the right thing to do? 'What if' I'd stayed? Should I have stayed? Guess I'll never know. 

I thought I'd washed my hands of this. Why now? Why can't this haunting stop?! This hollow feeling needs to go away! I'm ready to let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment