About Me

Monday, March 2, 2009

John 1:38

38 Jesus looked around and saw them following. “What do you want?” he asked them.

What do I want?...

I'm struck by this simple, yet complex question. Sure I've filled out surveys asking this very question, but I haven't Really figured it out. It is something that is always changing, yet the same. I want to be happy. I want to feel wanted & loved. I want to know my purpose in this life. I want my family & friends to be safe and happy. I want to be financially secure. There are sooo many things I want; but at the root of it all...what do I want? 

With millions of layers to the question, there are just as many answers. But what is the right answer? Is there one? I know that without God, nothing is possible. So should I simply say that I want God in my life, to guide me down that path He has chosen for me? I just don't know.

I've felt this nagging feeling of being useless, as if I have no purpose. Or that I'm floating, unsure of where I need to be or what I need to be doing. And beyond that, what the reason for my being is. Am I here on this Earth to accomplish something? Big or small? Will I have any impact on one life, or many? Is there a chance that I am simply here to be here, and enjoy life as it comes? Ugh! So many questions that form out of this one question. It is not a small or simple question. But maybe it could be...Who is to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment