About Me

Monday, July 27, 2009

Whirlwinds & Tornados

The last month has been a whirlwind of emotions. Finding solid ground to land on has seemed impossible. Just when I think I'll find my footing, I get swept back up.

I realize everything happens for a reason... knowing the whys and hows would sometimes be nice though. His hands are big and strong, and I trust Him completely... but it still isn't always easy to let go and trust. 

The entire last year has been a roller-coaster; more downs than ups. But this summer I've enjoyed the higher points. While the last month has been scary... it's been great, very refreshing. I've been challenged, and even though it's not always fun, it's been good for me. 

Last week was just what I needed :) And I want more of it... but only time will tell. I think that's what scares me... the unknown. 

On top of the whirlwind, a tornado touched down and threw me for a loop. Have my prayers been answered? Is it really possible? All the emotional scarring from the past year... for what? I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry, probably a combination of the two. 

There's no point in looking back and holding on... let what has been be, and learn from it as I move forward... that is what I intend on doing. But the past still hurts. Can you truly let go and be free from it? I hope so...  

No comments:

Post a Comment