About Me

Monday, June 29, 2009

Platonic Possibilities

There is an ongoing debate as to whether or not guys and girls can really be 'just friends'. I read an article the other day on yahoo explaining how to have a relationship, and still have friends of the opposite sex. It was repetitive and pretty lame...basically saying you have to keep the lines of communication open and be honest. And if your other half is not okay with the friendship, you should put your relationship first. I find it sad that people should have to be told this...seems like a common sense kind of thing to me. 

Anywho...I've never had many female friends. They tend to be catty and bitchy, so I have my select few, leaving the rest to be guys. Which is probably why I had to write my previous blog. My standards are pretty high, and its very rare that I come across a male friend who meets them. That may sound conceited, but the fact is...I'm not going to settle. I've done it before and look where it got me! 

I'd like to consider myself a good friend. Always there to listen/talk/give a helping hand, whatever it is my friend needs. Unfortunately, some take that the wrong way and think more into it than is really there. As long as they can accept I just want to be their friend, there's no problem. 

Communication is important in any relationship; whether it be friends, family, etc. As long as both parties are clear on where the friendship stands, and can accept it...there should be no problem. 

Granted...my dad is probably right, one person may want more than just friendship, but they have to decide if they can settle with just being platonic friends. Otherwise, it's not going to work. 

Ok this is lame so I'll stop rambling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment